The 9km Distance Race
We are anticipating a NE wind, predominant this time of year. The 9km course will be in a downwind direction from The Illawarra Yacht Club, across Lake Illawarra, finishing at the Shellharbour City Rowing Club. Both start & finish will be on water. Warilla Surf Club will be supplying water safety. Boards may be of any size, leashes must be worn, & whilst PFDs are not mandatory, they are advisable. This race is recommended for experienced distance paddlers.
Timing of event
Date: Saturday 26th March
12.00pm: Registration ends Reddall Reserve
1.00pm: Equipment drop starts
2.30pm: Shuttles from Oak Flats
3.00pm: Race briefing Yacht Club
3.30pm: Race start
4.45pm: Safety sweep
5.00pm: Race concludes
- Please allow plenty of time to register at Reddall Reserve, Lake Illawarra before 12pm Saturday.
- Boards, paddles & equipment can be dropped at the Illawarra Yacht Club from 1pm Saturday.
- We are providing security at this location.
- Cars can then be dropped at the Shellharbour City Rowing Club, Oak Flats.
- Shuttles will depart at 2.30pm sharp!
Lake Illawarra, NSW
Depth: 6ft average
Water: salt & fresh
Tidal & affected by all winds
SUP race boards advisable